Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Amazing "Garfield" my dearest feline buddy

Amazing "Garfield" my  dearest feline buddy



Well back in the days there once was “Garfield” a fictional cat and the protagonist of the comic strip of the same name, created by Jim Davis. The comic strip centered on Garfield, portrayed as a lazy, fat, and cynical orange tabby Persian cat. He was noted for his love of lasagna and sleeping, and his hatred of Mondays, fellow cat Nermal and the other unlikable stuff. And I always thought and wished if I could only own one then it wouldn’t be a fantasy but reality but none of that happened and I felt disheartened . I had watched the movie couple of times and even bought myself a copy of the same and archived it to my movie library .I must admit I did get truly obsessed with the cat character in the movie and how badly I wanted one to be befriending and living next to me . Days went on by and often times being a cat person I would in particular play the same movie over and over again and around the same time I picked up another sequel to its prequel and bought myself Garfield 2 - A tail of two kitties . Believe me by this time my obsession had got the better of me and it got me going in search of an exact clone of “Garfield “ as was portrayed by a fictional movie character I didn’t give up searching the elusive one to be my friend and now I can clearly recall the day when out in my backyard , running her usual errands ,my lady saw someone crouching behind the trash bin . Up until then I didn’t know of the happenings as I was well engrossed playing games on my computer . I remember her calling out to me frantically and pointing at something which at one moment to me looked unreal as if I saw a ghost of the same tabby gingerly Persian cat ; the one , I was going crazy after in my fantasies .But lo ,behold what I saw was real and there was this cat who resembled to be the exact spitting image of the movie character the world so adored , sitting right there before my very own eyes. It was an unbelievable sight
At first glance we could easily assess his state of affairs and concluded him to be a wanderer of a sort and now in despair , scared malnourished and presumably someone lost far away from the place he actually seemed to have once belonged . I was truly spellbound looking at him and every bit felt myself in awe because this one looked straight out of the movie as “Garfield “ the non-fictional character itself At that point I said the dreams or the so called fantasies do come true if you keep picturizing visualizing them often times .
The sheer joy was unfathomable but we were much too careful so as not to let him feel threatened by our presence and at the same time were praying hoping he finds us to be friendly enough , trusting this abode to be his last resort where he could join and be another member of our family . Slowly but surely he showed signs of trust and came out to eat some food and stayed put . A little while later he went in to a corner and soon fell fast asleep . We were over joyed by his arrival and more than anyone I felt the happiest most ; as if seeing the elusive Garfield character come to life and lingering in my home. We gained his trust with the passing of time and bonded very well with each other .
I hope you all stay with me for Garfield’s sake, as there is more to tell ……………… Cause another diary entry in the coming days will put forward my last narrative of his overall stayal .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a blast cutting loose to the beat in your own unique way!

  Hobbies & Pursuits Part XLVII   Freestyling         What   freestyling   ibasically is   ? Freestyling is a fun, creative dance ...